BFF COMMUNITY WORKSHOPS
With generous support from The Fleishhacker Foundation, BFF has offered educational workshops to the larger Bay Area independent film community since 2015.
The events are free of charge. To date, more than 400 professional and first time filmmakers have attended. Workshop topics include: Funding, Distribution, Community Engagement and How to negotiate complex partnerships as a filmmaker. BFF offers these workshops in the Spring and Fall @ The David Brower Center.
From the participants…
- Great interactive format
- Great discussions
- Excellent panelists
- Lots of Information to process – Thank you BFF!
- Thank you for hosting these insightful events!
- The panelists are supportive and approachable
- Great panel. I was new to grants for film, now I have a general idea of what to expect. Thank you.
- Excellent opportunity to ask REAL questions in a, surprisingly, more-intimate-than-expected venue.
- Thank you so much for these workshops, they’re invaluable.
- The community building aspect of these workshops can’t be overstated. Some of us shared ideas with our peers for other sources of funding to pursue. This is a great service that BFF provides to the local filmmaking community. Bravo!
- These workshops are wonderful events and a great way to connect with the East Bay film community.